- Hot Springs, AR 71913 US
- Encompass Health
COTA or PTA, Therapy Transitions Team $500 Sign on
Your role as a certified occupational therapy assistant (COTA) lets you be the connection between dedication to detail and patient outcomes that exceed expectations. Use your passion for rehabilitation to ensure that patients receive care that sets the standard as you treat patients with compassion and empathy. Enhance the impact of your abilities with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Differentandmdash;and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patientsandrsquo; lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live.andnbsp;We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, youandrsquo;ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (COTA)
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
andbull; Provide occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state and federal regulations and professional guidelines.
andbull; Perform occupational therapy treatment tasks as delegated and supervised by occupational therapists.
andbull; Maintain open and ongoing communication with hospital departments to ensure that patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
andbull; Current state licensure or certification or state practice act, whichever is applicable, required.
andbull; CPR certification preferred, unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
andbull; Successful completion of an associateandrsquo;s degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program preferred.
andbull; Effective communication skills for working with patients, families and caregivers required.
andbull; Demonstrated competency in occupational treatment essential.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
andbull; Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
andbull; Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
andbull; Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
andbull; Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do whatandrsquo;s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
- Complete shower sheets on each unit and shower auditsandagrave;this is a nursing/therapy collaboration for optimal patient care
- MRSG: Touch base with every MRSG patient daily to provide consistent focused d/c preparation
- check if laminated MRSG sheets in room are up to date
- Emailandnbsp;case manager with patient questions/concerns for d/c preparation
- NRCandnbsp;patient satisfaction surveys - discuss with patients/family with upcoming discharges
- Check that patient has appropriate DME, assistive devicesandnbsp;(with tag) and thatandnbsp;all current patientsandnbsp;new equip orders/discharges have been completed and placed in, or removed from patient room.
- Meet with disease specific patients to discuss carryover of therapy, update family on therapy progress if present, and review any documents, handouts, exercises, and/or disease specific information located in the WITH notebook.andnbsp;
- Assist staff with difficult transfers, reiterate/practice proper body mechanics, and RNT demonstrate safe transfer techniques, promoting use of low friction sheets and provide assistive devices for easier transfers
- New admits:
- Welcome patient and family: initiate the andldquo;What to Expectandrdquo; conversation
- Show the fall prevention video and document
- Fit patient for correct wheelchair/accessories
- Check for any new patient orders for equipment in room.
- Be available to talk with family members when requested during visitation hours
- Make sure shower chairs are cleaned, returned to storage room and prepped for next day use.andnbsp; This has been a time saver for therapists completing I-Days and evaluations in the morning.
- Perform therapy sessions for any missed time, or captureandnbsp;IDAY scores in the event of therapy interruption when scheduled
- Help nurses and techs on the floor including answering call lights, taking patients to the bathroom, preparing for bed, showers if requested and any other need mentioned.
- Clean and sanitize room for late discharges to prepare for incoming patient.andnbsp; Help with any room change.
Address: 1636 Higdon Ferry Road, Hot Springs 71913-6912
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2127395