- Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 US
- Encompass Health
Occupational Therapy Asst Pool
Your role as a certified occupational therapy assistant (COTA) lets you be the connection between dedication to detail and patient outcomes that exceed expectations. Use your passion for rehabilitation to ensure that patients receive care that sets the standard as you treat patients with compassion and empathy. Enhance the impact of your abilities with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (COTA)
This role will work in the Nursing Unit to support nursing staff by assisting with patient care relating to self-care and activities of daily living.
- Provide therapeutic showers, bathing, and other ADLs to support the nursing department with patient care.
- Provide supportive care to patients in conjunction and collaboration with nursing staff, utilizing occupational therapy skills to enhance patient outcomes through superior care.
- Coordinate with nursing and therapy department on a dedicated shower/bathing schedule with patients in hospital.
- Assist with patient progression and safe mobility through utilization of hospital's Ambulation Program and STOP safe patient mobility program.
- Collaborate with nursing on a patient schedule for ADLs in the morning, such as dressing, grooming, toileting, as well as in the evening for reverse ADLs of these tasks.
- Skillfully document patient performance and response to all patient care provided in the manner of other nursing documentation, including IRF-PAI Section GG scoring.
- Perform daily education with patients and caregivers regarding their care, rehabilitation, disease conditions, and self-care.
- Position will report directly to Chief Nursing Officer.
- Varying shift times, with start times at 7AM, 9AM, or 11AM and 10-hour shifts.
- Provide patient care according to hospital, state and federal regulations and professional guidelines.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with hospital departments to ensure that patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
• Current state licensure or certification or state practice act, whichever is applicable, required.
• CPR certification required
• Successful completion of an associate’s degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program preferred.
• Effective communication skills for working with patients, families and caregivers required.
• Demonstrated competency in occupational treatment essential.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2113146