Apply on Employer's Site!
- Sewickley, PA 15143 US
- Encompass Health
Occupational Therapy Assistant - Nursing Departmen
The Occupational Therapist Assistant provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines for our Nursing Department. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships
- Requires competency in occupational treatment
- Performs occupational therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by Registered Nurse
Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met
Duties included but not limited to:
-Assists patients with daily activities such as dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, toileting, and mobility as delegated by rehabilitation nurses and/or therapists.
-Prepares and transports patients according to the patient schedule.
-Administers delegated skilled occupational therapy treatment according to the established plan of care.
-Supports daily nursing department with processes and operations.
-Assist the RN preparation for discharge including patient and family instruction in safety, living skills, equipment use and home exercise.
The Occupational Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100003
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 303 Camp Meeting Road, Sewickley 15143-8348
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1913320