Apply on Employer's Site!
- Abilene, TX 79606 US
- Encompass Health
Occupational Therapist Assistant, Senior
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Abilene
The Senior Occupational Therapist Assistant provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in occupational treatment within scope of position.
- Performs occupational therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by occupational therapists.
- Assists with scheduling occupational inservices, occupational therapy assistant student program, and occupational therapy assistant orienation program.
-Assists with occupational therapist assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive occupational therapy excellence for patient treatments.
-Typically provides patient care in occupational therapy 90%
-95% of work hours.
The Senior Occupational Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills and overall performance, through staff developing and mentoring.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100009
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program preferred.
-A minimum of 2 years occupational therapist assistant experience is required.
-Active on the Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible), or speciality certifications, preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 6401 Directors Parkway, Abilene 79606
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1825069